Town Clerk Debbie Aurelia Halstead advises Newtown voters that absentee ballots are available as of
Friday, October 7th
For the Presidential Election to be held in Newtown on November 8, 2016.
Any qualified registered voter may vote by absentee if unable to vote in person due to:
- Illness or physical disability
- Absence from Town during voting hours
- Religious beliefs which forbid secular activity
- Active U.S. military service
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than his/her own polling place
The applications for absentee ballots are available at the Town Clerk’s office,
Monday through Friday
8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Special hours for absentee voting will be held on
Saturday, November 5, 2016
from 9:00 A.M.to 12:00 P.M.
at the Town Clerk’s office at the Newtown Municipal Center, 3 Primrose Street.
If you should have any questions regarding absentee ballots,
please contact the Town Clerk’s office at 203-270-4210.