Town Clerk Debbie Aurelia Halstead advises Newtown voters that absentee ballots are available Friday, October 2, 2015 for the Municipal Election to be held in Newtown on November 3, 2015.
Any qualified registered voter may vote by absentee if unable to vote in person due to:
- Active U.S. military service.
- Illness or physical disability.
- Absence from Town during voting hours.
- Religious beliefs which forbid secular activity.
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than his/her own polling place.
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Special hours for absentee voting will be held on Saturday, October 31, 2015 from 9am to 12pm at the Newtown Municipal Center.
If you should have any questions regarding absentee ballots, please contact the Town Clerk’s
office at 203-270-4210.