Called to order 7:00 p.m.
Commissioners present: Burton, Cragin, Descheneaux, Goosman, Jossick, Manna, and Nezvesky
Fire Marshal’s Present: Halstead, Frampton and Ober
Goosman moved to approve the minutes of 10/17/11 as presented.
Goosman moved to approve the minutes of 10/24/11 as presented.
Goosman moved to approve the minutes of 11/14/11 as presented.
Fire Marshal’s Report
- Halstead reported for the month there were 378 calls, 421 incidents 387 hours worked.
- Fees collected for the month $200.00.
- $6500 total damage for the month.
- #221 sustained windshield and bumper guide damage from the October 29th snowstorm. Covered 100% by town insurance.
#551 had a flat tire. It was determined that all tires on the rear of the truck should be replaced.
#339 tank installed and fabrication continues.
Fire Marshal’s car received new transmission and tune up.
Hose testing is complete.
DOT and pump test should begin December. Gowans and Knight behind schedule.
Transmission services to possibly begin this week.
Truck purchasing policy distributed to commissioners.
Manna should be informed of any tire replacements for trucks.
Policies and Procedures: no report
Hydrant: no report
Purchasing: Need to discuss with Cragin overage on hose costs.
Manna moved to approve NH&L’s request in the amount of $90 for Drive to Survive – Driver Safety Training for three students in the amount of $90.00.
Burton moved to approve Sandy Hook’s request in the amount of $150 for EMT certification.
Burton made a motion to allow all fire companies to get reimbursed for expenses related to storm Alfred. These funds will come out of the training account.
Burton made a motion to approve Sandy Hook’s request in the amount of $346 for food reimbursement from storm Alfred.
Burton went over budget information as presented.
Nezvesky would like to review budget one more time before approving it.
Nezvesky made a motion to increase the 2012-2013 budget amount to $1,314,255.
No Second/No discussion
Manna made a motion to approve the 2012-2013 budget in the amount of $1,288,255 as presented.
Descheneaux makes an amendment to the above motion with an increase of $21,000 to cover costs of insurance for Hawleyville and Dodgingtown for a new total of $1,310,255.
Yays: Nezvesky and Descheneaux
Burton makes an amended motion to reduce the bottom line of the 2012-2013 budget to $1,278,255 by reducing the hydrant account by $10K.
Nay - Nezvesky
- Farrell and White had concerns regarding insurance being paid by the individual departments.
- Jossick asked that our budget be defended when presented. Cragin invited anyone to attend the town budget meetings as they are open to the public and anyone can speak on behalf of their individual fire departments.
There being no further business the meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.